Jesus Satisfies

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Gospel Filtered through Life

I am a sinner; no, I am a SINNER! You may have seen me sin: some careless word, unkind action, expression of pride. That is nothing! It is only the tip of the iceberg. Were you to probe you would be disgusted by the depth of the mountain of my corruption and sin. Were you to ask those from my childhood you would hear tales to make your ears tingle. I mean, what do you need to know? I'll tell you! I am a SINNER!

GOSPEL: Jesus died - and I in union with Him died. My mountain of sin is gone - demolished by the soldiers hammer and nail - by the grace of a Father taking pleasure in the crushing of His Son on my behalf.

GOSPEL: Jesus rose - and I in union with Him live. My past is buried and gone - my future hopeful and sure. I am alive - truly alive - the guilty now pardoned; the hateful and hated now loved and redeemed. Ha! I am set free.

Where is my mountain? Oh, it is yonder hill on which Christ was crucified - it is coming Zion where King Jesus will reign as worshipped Lord and Savior, Master of my soul, Master of every soul.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home